Responsible to: Coffee Shop Manager
Hours: 3-7 hours per week
About the Coffee Shop
Our social enterprises form a key part of both our supported housing and adult learning and employment services. The Coffee Shop is PBHA’s newest social enterprise. Catering for local residents and workers alike, The Coffee Shop serves healthy, affordable and locally sourced breakfast and lunch items, cakes and snacks and a selection of hot and cold beverages. The Coffee Shop also provides barista, food preparation and customer service training for people with additional support needs.
The Volunteer Role and the Difference it makes
As a volunteer you will support staff in providing friendly customer service and maintaining a welcoming environment, which is key to helping us spread the word of PBHA.
We welcome any experience you can bring in hospitality, customer service and marketing that can enhance our customer experience, community outreach and help us grow. In return we can provide training opportunities and a chance to be part of our diverse team and innovative social enterprise.
- At least one shift of 3 to 7 hours once a week on an agreed day.
- The Coffee Shop is open from 8.30am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
- Three months commitment is ideal and can be extended if it suits you and the Coffee Shop.
- Keeping to regular shift days and times enables us to run a smooth and successful volunteer programme, so shift patterns will be agreed with you in advance with the Coffee Shop Manager.
What you will gain
- Opportunities to be more involved with and meet people in the local community
- Opportunities to share your skills and learn new skills through training provided
- The chance to be part of small hospitality team
- A greater sense of wellbeing through your contribution to supporting a local housing association with charitable aims: PBHA
- Valuable work experience within an innovative social enterprise
- A reference for your time at The Coffee Shop/PBHA to take on to future employment
- Reasonable travel fares to and from your shift will be reimbursed
- Lunch money of £3 for shifts over 6 hours will be reimbursed
- 10% discount for purchases in the Coffee Shop during your time as a volunteer
For further details