Volunteering at PBHA is a great way to meet people and develop or learn new skills, for tenants and participants, as well as members of the public.
Volunteers play a key role in helping tenants to build links with the local community, by providing them with opportunities to build their confidence and social skills in a supportive environment.
We’re always looking for enthusiastic, positive and supportive people who’d like to join us in our mission to tackle social exclusion.
There is a wide range of opportunities on offer, from administrative tasks to leading or taking part in activities with our tenants. These include:
- Reception and administration
- Marketing and outreach
- Teaching assistant
- Craft activities
- Therapeutic activities such as walking and reading
- Event organisation
We will provide descriptions of volunteering roles, so you know what you can expect from each opportunity.
We hope you’ll find volunteering with us a rewarding, enjoyable and interesting experience. You’ll benefit from
- New challenges
- A platform into training or employment opportunities
- Involvement with your local community
- Valuable experience to build your CV
- Improved confidence and self esteem
- References for future employment
- Possible opportunities to work towards a qualification.
What can we offer you?
We’ll provide a description of the volunteering role, but you’ll still have the freedom to develop it according to your personal interests. We will provide you with a meal or meal allowance and pay for your travel expenses.
How do I apply?
Adult Learning and Employability Service
242 Kingsland Road
E8 4DG (Map)
Tel: 020 3815 4100