Peter Bedford Housing Association (PBHA) welcomes referrals for people who need our housing and support. We accept people with a wide range of backgrounds including homelessness, mental health problems, learning difficulties, ex-offenders, drug and alcohol abuse or multiple needs.
We accept referrals for single people, aged between 18 and 65 who:
- Are homeless or living in inappropriate accommodation
- Are residents of or have strong links with the boroughs of Islington or Hackney
- Can be housed as a single person (we do not have accommodation for couples or families)
- Are willing and able to live in shared accommodation
- Are able to live in unstaffed housing with visiting support
- Will benefit from our particular combination of services and need more than just somewhere to live (or a roof over their head)
- Want to be at PBHA, will engage in the support and services we offer, and contribute to the Peter Bedford community.
- Agree to abide by PBHA’s Equal Opportunity Policy.
Peter Bedford will not accept into housing people who:
- Pose unmanageable risks to others in shared and unstaffed housing because of: violence, fire raising, violent or coercive sexual behaviour or exploitative behaviour
- Are not likely to succeed in shared accommodation due to antisocial behaviour or intolerance of others
- Are likely to put themselves or others at risk due to inappropriate behaviour.
- Are not able to take basic responsibility for their own health and safety
Priority is given to Hackney and Islington residents. Peter Bedford Housing Association does not accept self-referrals. Please contact the relevant agency in your borough to ask them to refer you to us.
Islington Supporting People Referrals Team:
Please contact our Allocations and Move-On Coordinator, on 020 3815 4100 for advice about referrals. We are happy to give you guidance on the application process. Referrals are accepted from a range of agencies in the borough of Hackney.
We will invite applicants that meet our eligibility criteria to an assessment.
Successful applicants will be added to our waiting list.
The referral process usually takes a minimum of four weeks.
For any queries about making referrals to Peter Bedford Housing Association, please contact our Allocations and Move-On Coordinator:
Tel: 020 3815 4100
Action on diversity
We aim to offer a minimum of 45 per cent of new lettings to black, minority ethnic or refugee tenants, with an emphasis on local communities who are under-represented.