Job Reference: FO-2015
Salary: £24,819 – £27,009 per annum
Location: Hackney, London
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Full Time)
Contract type: Permanent
Peter Bedford Housing Association works in Islington and Hackney alongside people who have faced long-term social exclusion through homelessness, mental health problems, drug and alcohol misuse, offending, learning difficulties or multiple needs.
We offer more than housing: by providing a combination of support, work, training and community, we are leading the way in social inclusion, enabling people to take control of their lives and shape brighter futures. We are committed to mutual support, participation and personal development for both staff and service users.
We are recruiting for a full time Finance Officer to work in a small Finance Team. We are looking for a well organised individual who thrives on challenges and is used to working collaboratively with colleagues throughout the organisation. Preference will be given to applicants who have had relevant experience in a Housing Association and have an accounting qualification. Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience of working with accounting systems and in particular rent accounting systems. Excellent communication skills are required as is a good appreciation of team work.
The post holder will:
- Help ensure the integrity of the organisations financial information.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all the financial ledgers including rent are in good order and up-to-date.
- Provide support to the Senior Accountant in all aspects of the finance department’s work.
- Work closely with the Housing Teams to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the rent ledgers and to support rent collection.
- Provide a front line customer focused service to internal and external customers.
- Assist in inducting staff to the department.
- Contribute towards the development of financial procedures and good practice within the team and organisation.
Skills and experience required:
- Part qualified AAT/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent (eg Finance or accounting degree)
- At least two years practical experience of computerised accounting systems
- Experience of rent ledger accounting and rent collection
- Experience of preparing bank, sales, purchase and other nominal ledger reconciliations
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level
Please note: to apply for this role application and equal opportunities forms must be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 28 September, 2015 by 5pm.
Interviews will be held Early-October 2015.
- Cover Letter
- Job Profile
- Application Form
- Guidance Notes
- Equal Opportunity Form
- Guaranteed Interview Scheme
If you have any questions please contact Human Resources at the above email address.
Peter Bedford is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.