Responsible to: Volunteer Co-ordinator and Project Co-ordinator
Hours: 1-2 days per week.
About the Change Together Project
The Change Together project is funded by Time to Change, England’s biggest programme to end the stigma and discrimination faced by people with mental health problems. The programme is run by Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, and funded by the Department of Health, Comic Relief and the Big Lottery Fund.
The one year project reflects the values of the Time to Change programme to challenge the stigma and discrimination still associated with mental health and to work with local communities to create a society where mental health problems are not hidden in shame and secrecy; where nobody is afraid to speak out about their problems, or left wondering where they can turn for help.
The Change Together project is a partnership between Peter Bedford Housing Association (PBHA) and Volunteer Centre Hackney with PBHA as the lead partner. The ambitious targets include training and supporting 36 volunteers with mental health problems to hold conversations with 1200 members of the public from 1 March 2014 to 28 February 2015. Social contact will take place through a series of workshops, pop up shops, tasters and exhibitions held in internal and external venues. They include PBHA’s newly refurbished and re-branded shop in Islington, Outpost, our community garden/growing hub and Grapevine Cafe in Hackney and external venues such as community organisations, galleries, work places and adult learning venues across both boroughs. Hand-crafted products and homemade produce from our existing enterprises will provide a ready ‘hook’ to engage the public and tap into enthusiasms from fashion and food to sport and popular culture. A simple survey will facilitate conversations and record contact and changed attitudes.
Summary of the role
The Administration Volunteer will have responsibility to answer enquiries and emails, to provide administrative support for all activities and events and to collate monitoring information and data.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the diary for project events and activities
• Manage the diary for all volunteer training and group discussion forums
• Book venues, speakers/trainers and ensure all paperwork and administration is prepared in advance of each event
• Prepare monitoring reports for all volunteers and staff
• Collect e-mail addresses of volunteers and members of the public engaged in activities and/or hand out and collect completed paper surveys
• Where necessary support volunteers and members of the public to complete pre-post/post surveys (electronic or paper)
• Gather and collate all monitoring data and input into the project database
• Gather all feedback taken after each event and training session and collate
• Assist in the sending of completed surveys/e-mail addresses to the team at SPA Future Thinking
• Provide information in response to enquiries from the general public
• Ensure effective communication among the VCH Team
• At all times abide by the Volunteer Centre’s and Peter Bedford Housing Association’s policies on Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Confidentiality and the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
• Actively participate in supervision sessions and attend training courses as required.
• Attend and actively participate in project team meetings.
• Be willing to take on other duties required for the project.
• Good spoken and written English
• Good IT skills – ability to use Excel, Word, Internet with experience of data input
• Excellent attention to detail
• 1:1 supervision and ongoing support
• Ongoing review and feedback on work
• A work reference
• Travel and lunch expenses
• Training including:
o Mental health awareness
o Mental health first aid
o Equal opportunities
o Data Protection
Expenses are available for travel costs and meals.
- Download Change Together Administration Volunteer Role Description (Word)
- Please contact Arinola Oladejo on 020 7923 9255 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this opportunity.